Monday, September 8, 2008

Snippets from the Street

My new form of transportation, which I will discuss further in another blog, has presented me with the opportunity to be up close and personal with many different kinds of people. Enjoy these "snippets" of conversations that I have heard while traveling around New York City.


"They did the veins and arteries too? Oh!"
(Woman on cell phone, on 8th Ave.)

"So then my aunt goes into the bathroom, and..."
(Guy telling a story to another guy on Broadway. I would have liked to heard the rest of it!)

"Like, Iron Man had the perfect amount of romance in it for me."
(Guy talking to girl on Broadway)

"Someone call me supervisor,
Tell him I can't make et
There's a fever in de air..."
(Jamaican music from a store on Fulton St.)

"Did the picture look like anything? Did the picture look like anything?"
(American tourist talking to foreign tourist on Subway. The foreign tourist had no idea what he was saying.)

"You see that right there? We sell more bags than you've got hairs on your head!"
(Street sales man to a balding guy with a jack russell terrier)

"Is that bag really hard on your shoulders?"
"Naw, its not the bag, but the books in it."
(Mother to her 7 or 8 year old daughter on St. Marks Ave.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

new form of transportation = Segway?

Amanda Simkins said...

Actually, new form of transportation = hoverboard. (Less friction from the sidewalks)

Anonymous said...

I like the last one. Poor thing!
Anna

Unknown said...

you should submit to http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

and now that you have a new job, you can probably submit to
http://overheardintheoffice.com/