Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Disclaimer

Ok, I'm here. It has taken me long enough to get this thing up and running, but I finally did it. To be honest, I could have started this blog about two months ago, but I was chicken. I've hid behind several excuses over the past few months, such as: What do I call my blog? What if I run out of things to say? Once I start, will I have to keep writing forever? What if this is the most boring blog ever and nobody even reads it?! I feel that my fears about blogging are legitimate since I do not consider myself a writer, and thus putting my thoughts and experiences out for the world to see is quite intimidating.

I haven't totally gotten over all of my issues with blogging yet, but I am doing this because I really want my loved ones (especially the far ones) to be able to know what my "new" life is like and to challenge myself to be more observant of the world around me.

Just to make me feel a little bit better about all this, here's my disclaimer: I do not guarantee that the contents of this blog will be interesting in any way, shape, or form.

Ahhhhhh...I feel much better already.

11 comments:

Lynne' said...

You ARE a writer. No matter what anyone thinks, especially yourself. You are human. Therefore, writing is your privilege. Enjoy it for yourself.

Another thought... Don't try to make your blog interesting to other people. It's yours and you are you. People will find it interesting because of who you are!

Anonymous said...

awww. Lynné posted before me.


Well, I just subscribed. and since i normally read while I'm at work and needing a break, even something as mundane as what you ate for breakfast would be entertaining. :)

Youssef Sleiman said...

Sometimes what *is* interesting is the stuff you think is mundane.

Seriously.


But, if you're wanting to jazz up your posts, you could make them rhyme.

Unknown said...

oooooh. Youssef might be onto something. your bit could be ending with a rhymed couplet. anybody want a peanut?

Jon and Erin said...

I love it already because it's yours! Yo'ure words ARE intresting to me and I can't wait to see and hear more about your life in NY.

Anonymous said...

It's about time. I was tired of looking at your naked blog. Love you, and can't wait to hear all about your new life.
Anna

Kelsey Foster said...

woohoo you blogger you.

Colin Johnson said...

As opposed to some form of poetry, you could turn your blog into a cryptogram. Or a cross word. That way you could get a huge following made up of people you don't know.

That is a bad idea, I just had to do that to show that I care. But seriously I too am looking forward to seeing what you are doing/thinking in the Big Apple.

Btw If you see and asian looking India guy named Johnson, tell him hi for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are soooo boring! Just kidding. I wouldn't still be friends with you if you were. Yayyy, Amanda! I'm so glad you've given me more ways to internet stalk you!

Danny said...

Boooooooring!!!



Ha ha,


OK, on a serious note, great idea. I look forward to finding out what you're doing.

Amanda Simkins said...

Lynee-Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot to me.
Stephen-I'm happy to provide you with some entertainment. Oh, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Youssef-Rhyming is a great idea, but the stress will give me diarrhea. So, if I had my druthers, I'll leave that to the others.
Stephen #2-Best rhyming couplet ever.
Erin-Thanks! I can't wait to tell more!
Anna-Was it naked or neked? I think it was the latter. Love you too!
Kelsey-you crazy roommie you!
Colin-My new post had a cryptogram in it. I dare you to break it. An Asian looking India guy? I'm on it.
Elizabeth-I'm not nearly as exciting as you! I love internet stalking! We should start a club!
"Daniel"-It took me a long time to figure out you were actually Danny. How dare you go by your real name!