Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Is It Weird That...

1) I buy my gum and hair dye in bulk?
2) I haven’t driven a car in 3 months?
3) I have a non-working joint on both of my thumbs?
4) I can’t seem to find a new pair of shoes that doesn’t tear up my feet?
5) I chose to work with the junior high ministry at my church?
6) I use my planner to remember the things that I’ve done instead of the things I have to do?
7) My face peels 365 days a year?
8) I’ve had a frickin’ bar through my ear for almost NINE years, with no plans to take it out any time soon?
9) I feel the need to drastically change my hair every couple of years?
10) My hands and feet don’t callus?
11) Can go almost an entire day without talking?
12) I take children’s chewable vitamins, instead of regular people vitamins?
13) I could eat ice cream every day and not get tired of it? (I don’t, but I could.)
14) I haven’t been on a date in nearly 2 years?
15) I would rather watch movies than read books? (Feeling a little guilty about this one.)
16) I actually enjoy spending time with and talking to my parents?
17) I love snow skiing, and hate water skiing, but I love hot weather, and hate cold weather?
18) I’m attracted to men with long hair?
19) I like having clean hands, but hate washing them?
20) Almost every time I walk into a room I haven’t been in before, I immediately analyze if it would be a good event space?
21) I can sleep 14 hours straight, without waking up or being sleep deprived beforehand?
22) I’m addicted to Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches right now? (Seriously can’t get enough of them.)
23) I never sing in the shower?
24) Sometimes I wish I was a guy?
25) As of two days ago, I’ve been living in New York City for 6 months? --I think so!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

2) it would be in Dallas
3) yep!
4) just go barefoot :)
5) YES
7) yep
8) just cool
9) me too
10) just go barefoot :)
11) me too :)
12) mommy wow. I'm a big kid now.
14) surprising. guess not enough guys have seen your FB profile pic. ;-)
15) same way lately (Feeling a little guilty about this one - me too)
17) yes
18) no comment
19) yep
20) guess you're in the right field
22) sounds good, but my nutritionist might disagree. :)
23) even i do that occaisionally
24) me too...most days

Anonymous said...

I don't sing in the shower either. I'm not sure if I ever have.
Anna

Unknown said...

i want you to post something. :)

Youssef Sleiman said...

You came up with 25 thinks you think that are weird about yourself?

Did this make it to the Facebook 25 things?

-- um, which thumb joints don't work?

Amanda Simkins said...

Is that bad...or good?

Its funny because I did this list way before the Facebook survey caught on. I considered putting it on Facebook, or at least making a link to my blog post, but decided against it. I forgot what my reason was...

Well, its the "middle" joint. Not the one directly below the nail, the one under that. It doesn't bend (or it bends very little). I never noticed it until comparing with someone else's hands about 4 or 5 years ago.

Youssef Sleiman said...

If it's the joint I'm thinking about, I don't think mine moves much either.

Past the one below the nail (the joint necessary for flipping a coin)...
but above the wrist.. Right?

Yeah, mine moves like 30 degrees at the most. It pops sometimes (read: daily) and it can bring my thumb in line with my lifeline on my palm. Other than that, I don't know if I want it moving much.