Sitting to my left, a woman with a cello in a white case doing a crossword puzzle. Sitting to my right, a man in a business suit playing Super Mario Brothers on an original Game Boy. In front of me, a drunk man with a bottle of whiskey in is back pocket putting on a show.
Just another commute home on the New York Subway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How did you know it was an original Gameboy?
They talk about the American Melting pot like it exists. Often I'm hearing about groups of "like-minded people" gathering for a cause.
Do you -- as a NYer -- feel like the diversity arond you creates a sense of community or a heightened sense of difference?
I think the latter. It's not like those people were talking to you. If they were, they'd have to be working pretty hard to be sociable and not creepy.
Somehow you telling me about it almost satisfies my need to experience it. I like it.
Post a Comment